Securewest has long been committed to the development and adoption of security industry standards and international codes of practice. It is a member of the Security in Complex Environments Group (SCEG) and the United Global Nations Compact, and aligns to the International Code of Conduct Association (ICoCA).
We support the Human Rights Initiative at Sea (HRAS) in its aims to raise the profile, awareness, implementation and accountability for human rights protections, throughout the maritime industry, especially where they are currently absent and being abused.
Global Human Rights
Securewest is a member of the United Nations Global Compact from which it aligns, supports and actively promotes its 10 guiding principles derived from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Labour Organisation (ILO), RIO Declaration on Environment and Development, and the United Nations Convention against Corruption:
UN Global Compact – Human Rights
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
UN Global Compact – Labour
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. The effective abolition of child labour; and
6. The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
UN Global Compact – Environment
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
UN Global Compact – Anti-Corruption
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
We take the safety and security of our staff and clients very seriously, therefore it is vital that we maintain high standards through our Integrated Management System recognised and audited by Lloyds Register (LR) and benchmarked against Internationally recognised ISO Standards.
- ISO 28000:2007 & ISO 28007-1:2015 (Security Management & Maritime Security)
- ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management)
- ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health & Safety Management)