Get an overview of the 2023 global risk situation. We use the following five risk levels:
- Negligible – The political system is stable, with a high standard of governance, low corruption, and effective law enforcement. Environmental and travel hazards are limited. The area is deemed safe to travel to with no considerable threats to travellers.
- Low – The political system is mostly stable, with predictable governance structures. Low to moderate levels of crime. The area is deemed safe to travel to with no considerable threats to travellers.
- Moderate – Political stability faces challenges from social and economic conditions that contribute to unrest. The government’s capacity to deliver essential services is challenged. It is mostly safe to travel, but receiving specialised advice is recommended.
- High – The region is extremely volatile with localised insurgencies / criminal gangs / terrorist organizations. Poor health facilities and / or environmental factors could limit movement across the region.
- Critical – The region is extremely volatile, with widespread conflict affecting businesses, visitors and local populations. Lack of health facilities and/or environmental factors limit movement across the country.
The risk categories include:
- Civil Unrest
- Health and Medical
- Infrastructure and Transport
- Insurgency and Armed Conflict
- International Relations
- Political Stability
Each country has an overall risk level which is weighted based on the risk levels of all categories.
If you are interested in finding out more about our travel risk management service we are currently offering a free demo and 30 day free trial for the SPHERE platform and app. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org