The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 10 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 14 – 20 February 2023. The following incidents were recorded:
- 14-FEB-23 – Robbery – Underway bulk carrier robbed in the Singapore Strait.
- 14-FEB-23 – Robbery – Portable generator stolen from yacht in Saint Martin.
- 15-FEB-23 – Boarding – Bulk carrier boarded in Singapore Strait.
- 15-FEB-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – US Coast Guard stops boat carrying more than 300 Haitians off Cuba.
- 15-FEB-23 – General Security Warning – US embassy in Georgia issues alert over drifting sea mines in Black Sea.
- 15-FEB-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 73 migrants presumed dead in shipwreck off the Libyan coast.
- 17-FEB-23 – Attack – Vessel reportedly attacked at Idabato, Cameroon.
- 17-FEB-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 18 Cuban migrants land in Key West.
- 18-FEB-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Tunisian Coast Guard intercepts over 400 migrants in a single night.
- 18-FEB-23 – General Security Warning – North Korea launched long range ballistic missile into Sea of Japan.
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.