The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 14 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 01 – 07 March 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 02-MAR-22: Boarding – Underway bulk carrier FLECHA was boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 02-MAR-22: Boarding – Underway bulk carrier PENTA was boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 02-MAR-22: Boarding – Underway tanker DAISY 2 was boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 02-MAR-22: General Security Warning – General cargo ship HELT was reportedly intercepted and used
as a shield by the Russian Navy to gain entry to the port of Chornomorsk, Ukraine
- 02-MAR-22: General Security Warning – Anchored bulk carrier BANGLAR SAMRIDDHI was struck by a
missile while anchored at Mykolaiv Port, Ukraine.
- 02-MAR-22: Drugs Interdiction – It was reported that a UK Navy Frigate seized 6.5 tons of illicit narcotics
from a fishing vessel in the Gulf of Oman.
- 03-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – UK authorities rescued and intercepted a total of 253
migrants in the English Channel.
- 03-MAR-22: Boarding – Underway vessel MAHA JACQUELINE was boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 04-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – UK Authorities rescued 60 plus migrants in the English
- 05-MAR-22: Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO Watchkeepers issue NOTICE 001/MAR/2022
advising of a Naval exercise with live ammunition will be carried out between 06 MAR 2022 0800 UTC
and 10 MAR 2022 1000UTC in the following area in the Gulf of Oman.
- 05-MAR-22: Robbery – A secured speedboat was stolen from Mayreau Wharf, St Vincent and the
- 05-MAR-22: Robbery – An unoccupied yacht was stolen during from Cruz Bay, St. John United States
- 07-MAR-22: Maritime Information Advisory – MDAT Watchkeepers issued WARNING 001/MAR/2022
advising of an increase in the Gulf of Guinea for 24-48 hours as of date of issue.
- 07-MAR-22: Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO Watchkeepers issued UKMTO NOTICE 002 MAR
2022 advising of a military exercise by naval units to be carried out in the Arabian Sea 09-MAR-2022 to
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.