The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 9 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 5 – 11 Oct 2021.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 05-OCT-21: Robbery – Product Tanker ORIENTAL ROSE was robbed in Sandakan Inner Anchorage, Malaysia.
- 05-OCT-21: Migrant and Refugee Incident – 17 migrants were found washed up ashore along the coast of western Libya.
- 06-OCT-21: Robbery – Bulk Carrier TRUE CHAMPION was robbed while transiting through the Malacca Strait, Indonesia.
- 06-OCT-21: Robbery – A locked outboard engine and fuel tank were stolen from a yacht at L’autre Board, Martinique.
- 06-OCT-21: Robbery – Underway tanker AMELIA was robbed 6nm S of Pengerang Port, Indonesia.
- 07-OCT-21: Migrant and Refugee Incident – Authorities intercepted 89 migrants attempting to cross the English Channel.
- 08-OCT-21: Migrant and Refugee Incident – Authorities intercepted 924 migrants attempting to cross the English Channel.
- 09-OCT-21: Migrant and Refugee Incident – Authorities intercepted 605 migrants attempting to cross the English Channel.
- 10-OCT-21: Boarding – Underway bulk carrier boarded while passing through the Singapore Strait.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|