The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 10 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 08 – 14 March 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 08-MAR-22: Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO Issued NOTICE 003/MAR/2022 advising of a Live Fire Exercise until 10-MAR-22 in the Red Sea
- 08-MAR-22: Maritime Information Advisory – U.S. Department of Transportation Maritime Administration issued advisory 2022-044 detailing military combat operations in the Black Sea and Sea of Azov.
- 10-MAR-22: Robbery – Anchored bulk carrier DAIDO AMBITION was robbed at Callao Anchorage, Peru.
- 11-MAR-22: Drugs Interdiction – Abu Dhabi Police seize 1.5 tons of heroin worth $40m USD at Khalifa Port
- 12-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – Three migrants were rescued by the Libyan Coastguard off the coast of Tobruk, Libya.
- 13-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – The Greek Coastguard had rescued 101 migrants off the Island of Paros in the Aegean Sea.
- 13-MAR-22: Robbery – Anchored vehicle carrier ARIES LEADER was robbed at Callao Anchorage, Peru.
- 14-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – 44 migrants drowned off the coast of Morocco whilst attempting a crossing to the Canary Islands.
- 14-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – 40 Haitian migrants came to shore in the Lower Florida Keys.
- 14-MAR-22: Maritime Information Advisory – US Department of Transport Administration issues advisory 2022-005-Various-GPS Interference & AIS Spoofing.
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|