The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 14 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 1 – 7 Feb 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 01-FEB-22 – Boarding – Yacht boarded in Chatham Bay, St Vincent & the Grenadines.
- 01-FEB-22 – Robbery – Berthed tanker robbed at Sandakan Port, Malaysia.
- 01-FEB-22 – Robbery – Bulk carrier robbed at Belawan Anchorage, Indonesia.
- 02-FEB-22 – Robbery – Bulk carrier robbed whilst alongside Durban, South Africa.
- 02-FEB-22 – Boarding – Container ship robbed at Takoradi Anchorage, Ghana.
- 02-FEB-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Migrants rescued from sinking boat off Canary Islands.
- 03-FEB-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Sri Lankan Navy seize heroin found on fishing trawler.
- 03-FEB-22 – Robbery – Moored yacht robbed in Guadeloupe.
- 03-FEB-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Migrants rescued near Canary Islands.
- 04-FEB-22 – Robbery – Bulk carrier robbed at Callao Anchorage, Peru.
- 04-FEB-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Migrants cross the English Channel in small boats.
- 05-FEB-22 – Suspicious Approach – M/T approached in Gulf of Oman.
- 06-FEB-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Tunisian Navy rescue 163 migrants.
- 06-FEB-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – Military exercise in the Red Sea.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|