Weekly Maritime Summary 10 – 16 January 2023
The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 5 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 10 – 16 January 2023.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 11-JAN-23 – Suspicious Approach – Vessel approached in Gulf of Guinea.
- 11-JAN-23 – Robbery – Locked dinghy and outboard motor stolen in Martinique.
- 14-JAN-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Cruise ship rescues 17 migrants between Florida and The Bahamas.
- 14-JAN-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 88 migrants rescued off Cape Verde.
- 16-JAN-23 – Maritime Information Advisory – Cargo ship briefly runs around in the Bosphorus Strait.
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in proximity by an unknown vessel.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.