The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 7 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 10 – 16 May 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 11-MAY-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – Tunisian Coastguard personnel rescued 248 migrants and refugees from ten illegal migration vessels in the Mediterranean Sea.
- 12-MAY-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – The US Coastguard rescued 31 migrants north of Desecheo Island between Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.
- 12-MAY-22: Boarding – Underway tanker PELICAN was boarded by three unauthorised persons in the Singapore Straits.
- 13-MAY-22: Attack – Iranian naval forces intercepted a pirate attack group who were attempting to attack a merchant vessel sailing in the Gulf of Aden.
- 14-MAY-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – The Tunisian Navy Rescued 81 migrants off the Tunisian coast The boat had set sail from Abu Kammash.
- 14-MAY-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – UK Border Force intercepted 50 migrants, including women and children who had attempted to cross the English Channel from France.
- 16-MAY-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – UK Border Force reported that they had intercepted over 600 migrants over the weekend with 167 and 436 people making the crossing on consecutive days.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Pirate Attack Group: Any group consisting of a mothership or mothership/whaler, accompanied by at least one attack skiff, or one to two skiffs operating independently.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.