The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 15 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 11 – 17 October 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 11-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Two migrants drown attempting to reach Greek Island.
- 11-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 85 migrants arrive in the Balearic Islands over a 24-hour
- 12-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Two Cuban migrants detained after arriving in Florida Keys
on windsurfing boards.
- 12-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 374 migrants cross channel on one day in small boats.
- 12-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – U.S. Naval Forces make $29 million drug seizure in the
Gulf of Oman.
- 13-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 122 migrants rescued from deflating rubber boat in the
- 13-OCT-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – North Korea launches ballistic missile into the Sea of
- 13-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Turkish Coast Guard rescue 53 migrants from the Aegean
- 13-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Tunisian authorities recover 15 bodies.
- 14-OCT-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – North Korea fires artillery shells into East and Yellow
- 14-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – U.S. Coast Guard rescues nine Cuban migrants off Water
- 14-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Greek ships rescue 87 migrants off Corfu.
- 14-OCT-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – More than 40 migrants land in South Florida.
- 16-OCT-22 – Boarding – Anchored yacht boarded in Saint Lucia.
- 17-OCT-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Large package of cocaine found washed up on Daytona Beach, Florida.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.