The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 8 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 11 – 17 Jan 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 11-JAN-22: Suspicious Approach – An M/V was approached in position approximately 70 NM East of Port Muscat in the Gulf of Oman.
- 11-JAN-22: Drugs Interdiction – Nigerian authorities intercepted 59 parcels of cannabis weighing 17kg at Tincan Seaport Lagos
- 13-JAN-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – 270 migrants were rescued whilst attempting to cross the English Channel.
- 13-JAN-21 Drugs Interdiction – Nigerian authorities intercepted 43 kg of cannabis at Tincan Seaport Lagos.
- 14-JAN-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – 32 migrants were rescued off the coast the coast of Berck, France.
- 15-JAN-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – 30 migrants were being rescued by the RNLI whilst attempting to cross the English Channel from France.
- 15-JAN-22: General Security Warning – MDAT issued WARNING 001/JAN/2022 advising that there is an increased threat of piracy activity in GoG.
- 17-JAN-22: General Security Warning – MDAT issued WARNING 002/JAN/2022 advising piracy threat in GoG reduced.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.