The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 9 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 12 – 18 April 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 12-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 85 migrants cross English Channel in seven boats.
- 13-APR-22 – Robbery – Anchored bulk carrier robbed in Takoradi, Ghana.
- 13-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 600 migrants intercepted in the English Channel.
- 13-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – US Coastguard intercept Haitian migrants off Cuba.
- 16-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Migrant boat capsized off Libya with person missing.
- 16-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – UK MoD publish migrant figures.
- 16-APR-22 – Boarding – Underway tanker robbed off Batam Island, Indonesia.
- 17-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Cuban migrants arrive in Key West, Florida.
- 17-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – UK Border Force bring migrants ashore in Dover.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|