Weekly Maritime Summary 14 – 20 September 2020
The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded six maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 14 – 20 September 2020.
- 14-SEP-20 – Migrant and Refugee – Three people have died while 53 others were rescued after a boat carrying migrants and refugees sank off the southern Greek island of Crete.
- 14-SEP-20 – Migrant and Refugee – A total of 12 boats carrying 165 migrants attempted to cross the English Channel.
- 14-SEP-20 – Migrant and Refugee – 11 migrants (10 men and 1 woman) arrived in an inflatable dinghy on Fairlight Glen nudist Beach in East Sussex.
- 15-SEP-20 – Migrant and Refugee – A boat carrying refugees and migrants bound for Europe has capsized in the Mediterranean Sea off Libya’s coast.
- 16-SEP-20 – Migrant and Refugee – A sinking dinghy overloaded with 12 migrants on a Channel crossing was escorted into British waters by French border guards before being “dumped”.
- 17-SEP-20 – Migrant and Refugee – Some 70 migrants jumped overboard from the Spanish rescue ship Open Arms in an attempt to swim to the nearby southern Italian city of Palermo.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.