The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 7 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 15 -21 Feb 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 16-FEB-22 – Drugs Interdiction – 625kg of drugs seized in the Arabian Sea.
- 16-FEB-22 – Boarding – Bulk carrier boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 17-FEB-22 – Boarding – Bulk carrier boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 17-FEB-22 – Drugs Interdiction – USCG return to Florida with over $1 billion worth of drugs.
- 18-FEB-22 – Robbery – Anchored bulk carrier robbed at Takoradi anchorage, Ghana.
- 18-FEB-22 – Boarding – Underway tanker boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 20-FEB-22 – General Security Warning – MDAT GoG issue an increased threat of piracy alert.
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.