Weekly Maritime Summary 15 – 21 June 2020
The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded seven maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 15-21 June 2020.
- 15-JUN-20 – General Security Warning – a passenger vessel was detained as being suspected of being involved in serious maritime crime and piracy at Libreville Port, Gabon.
- 16-JUN-20 – Suspicious Approach – a tug was suspiciously approached by two skiffs approximately 41nm SE of Sao Tome.
- 16-JUN-20 – Suspicious Approach – an MV was suspiciously approached by an unknown supply vessel without AIS and navigation lights approximately 163 nm SSW of Port of Libreville, Gabon.
- 17-JUN-20 – Robbery – at 18:00 UTC, robbers boarded an anchored tanker in approximate position 05 54 00 S, 105 59 00 E in the Merak Anchorage area, Java Sea, NW of Jakarta.
- 18-JUN-20 – General Security Warning – S. MARITIME ADVISORY 2020-009 advisory issued replacing U.S. Maritime Advisory 2019-014. Concerning Violence Due to Regional Conflict and Piracy in the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, Arabian Sea, and Indian Ocean.
- 18-JUN-20 – Suspicious Approach – an MV reported two vessels with an erratic course and strange information being displayed on AIS (spoofing) off Port Gentil, Gabon.
- 18-JUN-20 – Migrant and Refugee – more than 40 migrants were intercepted by UK Border Force while attempting to crossing the English Channel.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.