The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 11 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 15 – 21 March 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 15-MAR-22: Robbery – Berthed tanker WAWASAN TOPAZ was robbed during cargo operations at CUFL Jetty, Chittagong, Bangladesh
- 15-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – 111 migrants were landed ashore from the rescue vessel GEO Barents in Augusta, Sicily, Italy.
- 15-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – 300 migrants were intercepted by UK Border force whilst attempting to cross the English Channel
- 16-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – UK Border Force intercepted 405 migrants whilst attempting the to cross the English Channel from France.
- 16-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – French Authorities intercepted 538 migrants who were attempting to cross the English Channel from France to the UK.
- 17-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – UK authorities intercepted 279 migrants from nine boats whilst crossing the English Channel from France.
- 18-MAR-22: General Security Warning – UKMTO issue notice 004/MAR/2022 that a naval exercise with missile firing will be conducted off the coast of Oman until 31-MAR-22
- 19-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident –The bodies of 20 migrants who were attempting to reach Europe have been found off Tunisia’s northeast coast.
- 20-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – A ferry carrying 89 migrants sank off the coast of Indonesia.
- 21-MAR-22: General Security Warning – MDAT Watchkeeper issued WARNING 002/MAR/2022 advising of an increased threat of piracy warning for an area south of Brass, Nigeria, Gulf of Guinea.
- 21-MAR-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – 25 people, believed to be migrants washed up on the Libyan coast over a period of 2 days.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.