The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 18 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 15 – 21 November 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 15-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 21 Cuban migrants in custody after beach landing in Key West, Florida.
- 15-NOV-22 – Boarding – Ro-Ro vessel boarded off Sierra Leone.
- 15-NOV-22 – General Security Warning – Underway tanker PACIFIC ZIRCON hit by drone in the Arabian Sea.
- 16-NOV-22 – Drugs Interdiction – US Border Patrol seize 90 kilos of cocaine in Puerto Rico.
- 16-NOV-22 – Robbery – Anchored bulk carrier robbed in Takoradi, Ghana.
- 16-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Four migrants reported dead after boat sinks off Tunisia.
- 17-NOV-22 – General Security Warning – North Korea test fires ballistic missiles into the Sea of Japan.
- 17-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – U.S. Coast Guard rescues 12 migrants stranded on Monito Island in the Caribbean.
- 17-NOV-22 – Drugs Interdiction – U.S. Customs and Border Protection agent and drug smuggler killed after confrontation off Puerto Rico.
- 18-NOV-22 – Boarding – Bulk carrier boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 18-NOV-22 – Approach – MV approached by drone in the Gulf of Oman.
- 19-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Five Cubans drown while trying to reach Florida.
- 20-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Bodies recovered after migrant boat hits trouble between Algeria and Sardinia.
- 21-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 22 rescued from overloaded boat amid rough seas off Florida Keys.
- 21-NOV-22 – Boarding – Underway barge, SUNG FATT 36, boarded in Singapore Strait.
- 21-NOV-22 – Boarding – Barge boarded underway in Singapore TSS.
- 21-NOV-22 – General Security Warning – Missile strike in Yemen.
- 21-NOV-22 – Attack – Pleasure craft under attack in Red Sea.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Approach: Any event that is suspicious enough to warrant consideration and includes actions by a suspicious vessel closing on a steady bearing, having a very close CPA, and/or pirate|
|Attack: It is clear that weapons have been discharged against the vessel or a clear attempt to board the vessel has been made by the attacking vessel (s).|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.