The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded six maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 16-22 March 2020:
- 16-MAR-20 – Boarding – Underway bulk carrier SAM JAGUAR was boarded approximately 7.5 nm SW or Port of Singapore. The crew detained the perpetrators Nothing was stolen, and crew was not injured
- 17-MAR-20 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Twenty-five migrants were picked up by the Border Force after two incidents in the English Channel
- 19-MAR-20 – Boarding – An intruder was found on deck during routine anti-piracy rounds on board an unnamed motor tanker approx 11nm S of Lagos, Nigeria in the Gulf of Guinea
- 19-MAR-20 – Attack – A MV was attacked by 8-armed people in a boat approximately 6nm SW of Douala Anchorage off the Cameroon coast. Both the vessel and crew are now safe
- 20-MAR-20 – Boarding – During routine rounds at 08:30 it was found that items had been stolen from an anchored vessel in Pointe Noire Northern Anchorage, Gulf of Guinea
- 22-MAR-20 – Kidnapping – Container vessel MSC TALIA F was boarded approximate position 52nm W of Libreville, Gabon. 7 out of 17 crew members were kidnapped, understood to be Ukrainian nationals.
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Attack: An incident where weapons are discharged by pirates or pirate paraphernalia such as ladder, grappling hook, make contact with the vessel.|
|Kidnapping: Unauthorized forcible removal of persons belonging to the vessel from it.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.