The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 9 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 17 – 23 January 2023.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 17-JAN-23 – Robbery – Outboard engine stolen in Luperon, Dominican Republic.
- 17-JAN-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 45 migrants rescued in English Channel by French coastguard.
- 17-JAN-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 106 migrants intercepted in the English Channel.
- 18-JAN-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 15 Cuban migrants detained in Florida Keys.
- 18-JAN-23 – Drugs Interdiction – Freighter with 4500 kg of cocaine intercepted in the Canary Islands.
- 18-JAN-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Two vessels with 161 illegal migrants intercepted in off Turks and Caicos.
- 21-JAN-23 – Robbery – Theft from yacht at Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- 22-JAN-23 – Robbery – Two dinghy anchors stolen in Guadeloupe.
- 22-JAN-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – US Coast Guard stops boat with 400 Haitians migrants off The Bahamas.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|