The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 10 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 19 – 25 April 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 19-APR-22 – Robbery – Yacht captain assaulted by armed gang in Linton Bay, Panama.
- 19-APR-22 – Robbery – Fishermen assaulted and robbed in the Bay of Bengal.
- 19-APR-22 – Robbery – Underway tug and barge boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 20-APR-20 – Robbery – Paddle board stolen in St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- 23-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 101 migrants rescued off Libya.
- 23-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Migrant vessel sinks off Tripoli, Lebanon.
- 24-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 70 migrants rescued from a dinghy off Libya.
- 24-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Bodies recovered after boats capsize off Tunisia.
- 25-APR-22 – Drugs Interdiction – 250 kg of heroin seized off Gujarat, India.
- 25-APR-22 – Drugs Interdiction – USCG offload seized cocaine in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|