The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded seven maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 2 – 8 November 2020.
- 02-NOV-20 – Robbery – at 23:30 UTC, around four to five robbers armed with long knives in a wooden boat came alongside an anchored Bulk Carrier in position 14 22 90 S, 040 42 10 E in Nacala Anchorage, Mozambique.
- 03-NOV-20 – General Security Warning – UKMTO NOTICE 002/NOV/2020 advised that the Pakistan Military are due to conduct exercises with live firings. Between 05:00 and 09:00 UTC (10:00 and 14:00 local time), from 04-NOV to 09-NOV-20 in the following bounded areas: A. 2535N 06343E B. 2535N 06646E C. 2452N 06646E D. 2452N 06343E.
- 04-NOV-20 – Robbery – at 05:49 UTC an SSAS alert signal was received by an unknown MT which may be under attack in position 02 43 56 N, 006 03 23 E, 128nm SW of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- 04-NOV-20 – Robbery – between 03:01-07:00 UTC, MV was robbed in position 00 03 07 S, 051 10 00 W, Santana Port Brazil.
- 07-NOV-20 – Boarding – at 06:40 UTC, an underway MV was boarded in position 03 39 48 N, 002 29 49 E, approximately 159 nm S of Cotonou, Benin.
- 07-NOV-20 – Approach – at 16:20 UTC, reporting indicates that a Marshall Islands flagged tanker was approached in position 03 36 N, 004 36 E whilst underway, 180 NM SSE of Lagos, Nigeria.
- 08-NOV-20 – Robbery – at 21:25 LT, an underway tanker was robbed in position 01 16 47 N, 104 12 53 E, approximately 20 nm E of Singapore.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Approach: An incident where weapons are trained on the vessel or pirate paraphernalia such as weapons, ladders, are observed and the intention to conduct an attack is clear.
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.