Weekly Maritime Summary 21 – 27 December 2020
The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded six maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 21 – 27 December 2020.
- 21-DEC-20 – General Security Warning – Pakistan Navy will be conducting Live Fire exercises throughout December at the following location – paknavy.gov.pk/hydro
- 21-DEC-20 – General Security Warning – Pakistan Navy will be conducting Live Fire exercises on 21 and 22 within 24-48.40N 066-57.37E – paknavy.gov.pk/hydro
- 21-DEC-20 – Boarding – Whilst sailing from Lome to Bata approximately 105 nm SSW of Brass in Nigeria, the containership PORT GDYNIA was boarded by an unknown number of perpetrators
- 22-DEC-20 – General Security Warning – It has been reported that a LIVE FIRING PRACTICE will take place between the 20-24th of December 2020 within in following areas: A. 21-06.00N 038-58.50E B. 21-05.58N 039-07.00E C. 21-12.40N 038-58.50E D. 21-13.50N 039-06.20E – UKMTO LINK
- 23-DEC-20 – General Security Warning – It has been reported that LIVE FIRING PRACTICE will take place between 24th December to 28th December 2020 within the following area: Position: 24-51.10N 066-45.20E (10 NM West of Karachi) – paknavy.gov.pk/hydro
- 24-DEC-20 – Robbery – A MV was robbed in Luanda anchorage, Angola. An unknown number of intruders boarded the vessel and stole two mooring ropes and three heaving lines
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non-commercial vessel such as a warship.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.