The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 14 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 21 – 27 June 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 21-JUN-22 – Boarding – Barge boarded at Muara Tengah, Indonesia.
- 22-JUN -22 – Drugs Interdiction – 131kg of cocaine seized off Puerto Rico.
- 23-JUN-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 600 migrants disembarked in Sicily.
- 23-JUN-22 – Robbery – Tanker robbed at Callao Anchorage, Peru.
- 23-JUN-22 – Boarding – Underway bulk carrier boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 24-JUN-22 – General Security Warning – MDAT GoG warn of an increased threat of piracy.
- 24-JUN-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 231 migrants intercepted in the English Channel.
- 25-JUN-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Two people arrested attempting to smuggle cocaine into Malta.
- 26-JUN-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – Drilling platform attacked in Black Sea.
- 26-JUN-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 75 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean.
- 27-JUN-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 66 migrants rescued off Malta.
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|