The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 11 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 22 – 28 Feb 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 22-FEB-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – Italy’s rescued 573 migrants from fishing boats 60nm off Cape Spartivento, Sardinia.
- 22-FEB-22: Drugs Interdiction – Police Service of Northern Ireland seized a total $4m USD worth of drugs at Belfast Harbour, Northern Ireland.
- 22-FEB-22: Drugs Interdiction – Mexican Authorities seized 3 tons of cocaine off Mexico’s Pacific Coast.
- 23-FEB-22: Robbery – Anchored supply vessel BOURBON EXPLORER 517 was robbed in Luanda anchorage.
- 23-FEB-22: Maritime Information Advisory – Ghana Ports and Harbour Authorities issued a local notice to inform mariners regarding port sea patrols
- 24-FEB-22: Robbery – Underway chemical tanker BW CHEETAH was robbed in the Singapore Straits.
- 25-FEB-22: Maritime Information Advisory – Maritime Security Centre for the Horn of Africa advised of an upcoming maritime security operation conducted by EUNAVFOR CTF 465 in the Somali basin.
- 26-FEB-22: Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO Watchkeepers issued a notice advising of a live firing practice in the Red Sea, South of Jeddah, KSA
- 28-FEB-22: Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO Watchkeepers issued NOTICE 004/FEB/2022 advising of Live Firing exercises in the Gulf of Oman.
- 28-FEB-22: Maritime Information Advisory – The US Department of Transportation Administration issued advisory 2022-003 for the Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, Gulf of Oman, Arabian Sea, Gulf of Aden, Bab al Mandeb Strait, Red Sea, and Western Indian Ocean-Threats to Commercial Vessels. – Link
- 28-FEB-22: Migrant and Refugee Incident – UK authorities intercepted and rescued 132 migrants from four vessels in the English Channel after attempting the crossing from France to the UK.
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.