The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded five maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 22-28 June 2020.
- 24-JUN-20 – Kidnapping – Six crew members were kidnapped from a fishing vessel approximately 61 nm S of Cotonou, Benin.
- 25-JUN-20 – General Security Warning – U.S. Maritime Advisory 2020-010 issued. Please see the following link: MARAD – 2020-010-Global-Overview of the U.S. Maritime Advisory System
- 25-JUN-20 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 37 migrants were detained by the UK Border Force after landing in boats on beaches in Kent, UK.
- 26-JUN-20 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 93 migrants were rescued off Libyan shores as they tried to reach Europe, but six others died along the way.
- 27-JUN-20 – Boarding – an anchored bulk carrier was boarded in position 12 01 24 S, 077 10 48 W in Callao Anchorage in Peru
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.
|Kidnapping: Unauthorized forcible removal of persons belonging to the vessel from it.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|