The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 10 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 23 – 29 August 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 24-AUG-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 532 migrants intercepted in the English Channel.
- 24-AUG-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Italian Coast Guard rescue more than 1,000 migrants in the Central Med.
- 24-AUG-22 – Robbery – Anchored vessel robbed in Soyo, Angola.
- 24-AUG-22 – Robbery – Theft from motor vessel off Angola.
- 25-AUG-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 800 migrants intercepted in the English Channel.
- 26-AUG-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 69 migrants rescued southwest of Zakynthos, Greece.
- 26-AUG-22 – Boarding – Yacht crew attacked during early hours in Soufriere, Saint Lucia.
- 26-AUG-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Almost 60 migrants rescued near Lampedusa.
- 27-AUG-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 40 migrants rescued in the English Channel.
- 29-AUG-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Authorities seize $1 billion USD of narcotics at the Port of Botany, NSW, Australia.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|