The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 9 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 26 April – 2 May 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 26-APR-22 – Robbery – Anchored chemical tanker robbed in Chattogram, Bangladesh.
- 26-APR-22 – Boarding – Anchored bulk carrier boarded in Macapa, Brazil.
- 26-APR-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – Greenpeace protestors use kayaks to block Russian oil tanker in Norway.
- 27-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 131 migrants rescued off Libya.
- 27-APR-22 – Boarding – Underway bulk carrier boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 28-APR-22 – Robbery – Outboard engine stolen from dinghy in Martinique.
- 28-APR-22 – Robbery – Unlocked dinghy stolen in Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten.
- 30-APR-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO advise of naval live firing exercise off Pakistan.
- 01-MAY-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 230 migrants attempted to cross the English Channel.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|