The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 13 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 27 December 2022 – 02 January 2023.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 27-DEC-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Four tonnes of drugs seized by French navy in the Arabian Sea.
- 27-DEC-22 – Robbery – Offshore vessel boarded and robbed in the Gulf of Mexico.
- 27-DEC-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 24 Haitian migrants come ashore in Florida, USA.
- 27-DEC-22 – Robbery – Attempted theft of locked dinghy from Bridgetown, Barbados.
- 27-DEC-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Four migrant bodies recovered after incident off Tunisia.
- 28-DEC-22 – Robbery – Offshore supply vessel robbed in the Bay of Campeche.
- 28-DEC-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Turkey rescues 81 migrants in the Aegean Sea.
- 30-DEC-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Boat with 700 Europe-bound migrants intercepted off Libya.
- 30-DEC-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 21 migrants arrive ashore at Florida Keys state park.
- 30-DEC-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 13 Moroccans drown trying to reach The Canary Islands.
- 31-DEC-22 – General Security Warning – North Korea fires three ballistic missiles into the East Sea.
- 31-DEC-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Two migrants die and 232 rescued after boat capsizes off Lebanon.
- 02-JAN-23 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 300 migrants make landings at Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida, USA.
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|