The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded eleven maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 3 – 9 August 2020.
- 03-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – The United Kingdom Home Office reported that 32 migrants crossed the English Channel in four small boats.
- 04-AUG-20 – Robbery – A passenger boat was fired upon, boarded, and robbed while transiting between Kula and Port Harcourt.
- 04-AUG-20 – General Security Warning – Two massive blasts reported at the port of Beirut, Lebanon.
- 06-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – UK Border Force patrol vessels and local lifeboats have been involved in the rescue of more than 120 migrants from the English Channel.
- 06-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – The United Kingdom Home Office reported that 23 migrants were intercepted by helicopter and returned to France after attempting to cross the English Channel.
- 06-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – A local photographer witnessed a small boat containing 16 people landing onshore at Dungeness beach, UK.
- 07-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – The Home Office of the United Kingdom advised that French officials had prevented a small number of migrant vessels from crossing the English Channel.
- 07-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – Reports indicate 130 migrants were intercepted by authorities after arriving on UK shores.
- 08-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – The Home Office reported that French officials had returned 33 migrants, in two boats, back to Calais, France.
- 08-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – The Home Office reported that at least 151 migrants crossed the English Channel, arriving in 15 boats.
- 08-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – The UK is demanding that France crackdown on migrants crossing the English Channel.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.