The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 12 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 30 August – 5 September 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 30-AUG-22 – Drugs Interdiction – USCG cutter makes drug seizure in Gulf of Oman.
- 30-AUG-22 – Robbery – Anchored bulk carrier robbed by armed gang in Macapa, Brazil.
- 30-AUG-22 – Robbery – Berthed vehicle carrier robbed in Batangas, Philippines.
- 31-AUG-22 – Robbery – Dinghy and outboard motor stolen from anchored yacht at Bocas Marina, Panama.
- 31-AUG-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Five bodies found off Sardinia after suspected migrant boat sinks.
- 31-AUG-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 30 migrants rescued north of Crete.
- 02-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – At least 200 migrants are picked up in the English Channel in small boats.
- 02-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 20 migrants rescued after boat capsizes off Islamorada, Florida, USA.
- 03-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Nearly 1,000 migrants reach Kent in 20 boats.
- 04-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 459 migrants rescued in Mediterranean dock in Italy.
- 04-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Cargo ship with 400 migrants towed to Greek port.
- 04-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – France rescues almost 190 migrants trying to cross English Channel.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|