The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 7 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 31 May – 6 June 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 31-MAY-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO notice detailing a live firing exercise off Pakistan.
- 01-JUN-22 – Suspicious Approach – Underway merchant vessel approached in the Red Sea.
- 01-JUN-22 – Robbery – Outboard engine stolen in Saint Martin.
- 02-JUN-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 13 migrants dead and others missing in the Aegean Sea.
- 02-JUN-22 – Kidnapping – Militants allegedly kidnap French citizen near Bakassi, Cameroon.
- 03-JUN-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 40 migrants brought ashore in Kent, UK.
- 04-JUN-22 – Robbery – Dinghy and outboard engine stolen in Martinique.
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Kidnapping: Unauthorized forcible removal of persons belonging to the vessel from it.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.