The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 7 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 7 – 13 June 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 08-JUN-22 – Drugs Interdiction – 3.2 tonnes of ‘synthetic khat’ seized in Barcelona.
- 08-JUN-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 100 migrants in Spain’s Balearic Islands.
- 09-JUN-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Four migrants die off coast of Spain.
- 09-JUN-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – More than 300 migrants disembark in Pozzallo, Italy.
- 09-JUN-22 – Drugs Interdiction – 3 tons of cannabis seized in Casablanca.
- 11-JUN-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – Air defence firing exercise taking place off Pakistan.
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.