The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 9 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 8 – 14 Feb 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 08-FEB-22 – Robbery – LPG Tanker robbed at Luanda Anchorage, Angola.
- 08-FEB-22 – General Security Warning – MDAT GoG issued warning advising an increased threat of piracy.
- 08-FEB-22 – Robbery – Dinghy and outboard engine stolen from yacht in Martinique.
- 09-FEB-22 – Robbery – Vessel robbed at Takoradi Anchorage, Ghana.
- 10-FEB-22 – General Security Warning – MDAT GoG issue another warning about an increased threat of piracy.
- 10-FEB-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 220 migrants rescued south of the Canary Islands.
- 10-FEB-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – French coastguard rescued 36 people in the English Channel.
- 11-FEB-22 – Robbery – Underway bulk carrier robbed in the Singapore Strait.
- 14-FEB-22 – General Security Warning – US Dept of Transportation issues warning to vessels in Black Sea due to Ukraine/Russia tensions.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.