The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 11 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 28 Dec – 3 Jan 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 28-DEC-21 – General Security Warning – Live firing practice off Pakistan.
- 29-DEC-21 – Drugs Interdiction – Dinghy robbed in St Thomas, US Virgin Islands.
- 29-DEC-21 – Drugs Interdiction – 4.7 tonnes of hashish intercepted in the Strait of Gibraltar.
- 30-DEC-21 – Drugs Interdiction – $143 million worth of cocaine seized in Rotterdam.
- 30-DEC-21 – Boarding – MV boarded off Benito, Equatorial Guinea.
- 30-DEC-21 – Drugs Interdiction – Nine million captagon pills seized in Beirut.
- 30-DEC-21 – General Security Warning – Naval exercises announced south of Karachi, Pakistan.
- 31-DEC-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 440 migrants landed in Sicily.
- 31-DEC-21 – Drugs Interdiction – 2.3 tons of drugs found in Gioia Tauro, Italy.
- 31-DEC-21 – Drugs Interdiction – $83.5 million worth of hashish seized in Trinidad and Tobago.
- 02-JAN-21 – Attack – MV attacked off Yemen.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Attack: It is clear that weapons have been discharged against the vessel or a clear attempt to board the vessel has been made by the attacking vessel (s).|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.