The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded six maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 06 – 12 July 2020.
- 07-JUL-20 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – A UK Border Force cutter intercepted a vessel carrying 10 men who said they were Somali, Sudanese and Yemeni.
- 09-JUL-20 – General Security Warning – The Saudi-led military coalition fighting the Houthi group in Yemen destroyed two explosive-laden boats in the Red Sea. The boats were destroyed 3 NM south of the Yemeni port of Salif.
- 11-JUL-20 – Migrant and Refugee – UK and French authorities intercepted 21 migrants in three boats.
- 11-JUL-20 – General Security Warning – U.S. Maritime Advisory, link: 2020-011-Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, Gulf of Oman, Arabian Sea, Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, and Indian Ocean-Threats to Commercial Vessels by Iran and its Proxies
- 12-JUL-20 – General Security Warning – U.S. Maritime Advisory, link: 2020-012-Gulf of Guinea-Piracy/Armed Robbery/Kidnapping for Ransom
- 12-JUL-20 – Robbery – The bulk carrier WOLVERINE was boarded and robbed approximately 6 NM NW of Tanjung Tondang, Pulau Bintan, Indonesia in the eastbound lane of the TSS in the Singapore Strait.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.