The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 12 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 1 – 7 November 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 02-NOV-22 – Boarding – Offshore supply vessel boarded in Georgetown, Guyana.
- 02-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Nine Cuban migrants detained in Florida Keys.
- 02-NOV-22 – General Security Warning – North Korea fires two ballistic missiles into the East Sea.
- 03-NOV-22 – General Security Warning – North Korea fires three missiles into the Sea of Japan.
- 03-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Cuban migrants rescued off the Cayman Islands.
- 03-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Migrant bodies recovered as boat sinks off Aegean coast.
- 03-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 12 Cuban migrants arrive in Miami Beach.
- 05-NOV-22 – Kidnapping – Three kidnapped from passenger boat in Nigeria.
- 05-NOV-22 – General Security Warning – North Korea fires missiles into Yellow sea.
- 06-NOV-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – Military firing practice in the Red Sea.
- 06-NOV-22 – Robbery – Anchored vessel robbed in Suez, Egypt.
- 06-NOV-22 – Robbery – Offshore supply vessel boarded and robbed in the Gulf of Mexico.
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
|Kidnapping: Unauthorized forcible removal of persons belonging to the vessel from it.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|