The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded eight maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 10 – 16 August 2020.
- 10-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – An inflatable dinghy carrying around 20 Syrian migrants has been met by Border Force in the English Channel off the coast of Dover, UK.
- 10-AUG-20 – Robbery – A motor vessel was boarded and robbed approximately 6nm NE of Luanda, Angola.
- 11-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – Several boats of migrants witnessed crossing the English Channel in one morning.
- 12-AUG-20 – Boarding – Unconfirmed reports that the Iranian Navy have boarded and possibly detained crew on an oil/chemical tanker approximately 25nm NW of Khor Fakkan Anchorage in the Gulf of Oman.
- 13-AUG-20 – Migrant and Refugee – 89 migrants who made the crossing in five boats were taken to the UK, as well as 48 who arrived in four boats on Friday.
- 13-AUG-20 – General Security Warning – US MARAD (Maritime Administration) have issued a maritime alert, reference ‘2020-005’ concerning a threat to commercial vessels from Iran and its proxies in the Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, Gulf of Oman, Arabian Sea, Red Sea, Gulf of Aden and Indian Ocean.
- 14-AUG-20 – General Security Warning – US Maritime Advisory 2020-014 was released regarding violence due to regional conflict in the Southern Mediterranean Sea in the vicinity of coastal Libya.
- 15-AUG-20 – General Security Warning – U.S. Maritime advisory 2020-006 was issued regarding violence due to threat to commercial Vessels from Iran and its Proxies in the geographical areas of Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, Gulf of Oman, Arabian Sea, Red Sea, Gulf of Aden and Indian Ocean.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.