The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 9 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 14 – 20 Sept 2021.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 14-SEP-21 – Robbery – Container ship robbed at Banana Anchorage, DRC.
- 14-SEP-21 – Robbery – Dinghy stolen near Texan Bay, Guatemala.
- 15-SEP-21 – Robbery – Product tanker robbed at Callao Anchorage, Peru.
- 16-SEP-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 100 migrants rescued in the English Channel.
- 17-SEP-21 – Boarding – Bulk carrier boarded in the Singapore Strait
- 18-SEP-21 – Suspicious Approach – MV approached by two skiffs off Yemen.
- 18-SEP-21 – Boarding – Bulk carrier boarded by armed persons in the Singapore Strait.
- 20-SEP-21 – Drugs Interdiction – Three tonnes of heroin seized in Gujarat, India.
- 20-SEP-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 190 migrants rescued off Libya.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.