The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 8 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 19 – 25 July 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 19-JUL-22 – Robbery – Outboard motor stolen in Marina St. Francois, Guadeloupe.
- 20-JUL-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Nearly 70 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean.
- 22-JUL-22 – Robbery – MV robbed at Luanda Anchorage, Angola.
- 22-JUL-22 – Robbery – Dinghy and outboard motor stolen in Soufriere, Saint Lucia.
- 23-JUL-22 – Robbery – Dinghy and outboard motor stolen in Linton Bay, Panama.
- 24-JUL-22 – Robbery – Dinghy and outboard motor stolen in Rodney Bay, Saint Lucia.
- 24-JUL-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – Live firing practice in the Persian Gulf.
- 24-JUL-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Over 1,100 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean.
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|