The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded six maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 23-30 December 2019.
- On 23 Dec 19 – Boarding – An underway Bulk Carrier was boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- On 24 Dec 19 – Attack – A Tanker was attacked by a skiff 183nm SW of Brass, Nigeria.
- ON 25 Dec 19 – Boarding – An underway Tanker was boarded in the eastbound lane of the Singapore Strait.
- On 26 Dec 19 – Migrant and Refugee – More than 60 migrants were picked up attempting to cross the English Channel in small boats to the United Kingdom.
- On 28 Dec 19 – Attack – A vessel was attacked 218nm SSW of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- On 30 Dec 19 – Attack – A MV was attacked in the Gulf of Guinea, 198nm SW of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Attack: An incident where weapons are discharged by pirates or pirate paraphernalia such as ladder, grappling hook, make contact with the vessel.|