Weekly Maritime Summary 24 – 30 Aug 2021
The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 6 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 24 – 30 Aug 2021.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 25-AUG-21 – Robbery – An unlocked dinghy and outboard engine were stolen from the area of Grand Anse D’Arlet in Martinique.
- 25-AUG-21 – Maritime Information Advisory – The UKMTO issued advisory notice ‘001/AUG/2021 redefining the HRA area: Link
- 27-AUG-21 – Migrant and Refugee – 27 migrants were intercepted by Spanish Maritime authorities approximately 260nm South of El Hierro Island, part of the Canary archipelago
- 29-AUG-21 – Migrant and Refugee – Italian coastguard vessels intercepted 600 plus migrants from various craft off the island of Lampedusa, Italy.
- 30-AUG-21 – Stowaway – The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee reported that eleven stowaways had been detained in the Port of Rotterdam
- 30-AUG-21 – Stowaway – Spanish National Police arrested twelve stowaways in Motril, Spain who had arrived on a ferry from Melilla.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
|Stowaway: A person(s) who hides aboard a ship in order to obtain free transportation|
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.