The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 12 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 29 March – 4 April 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 29-MAR-22 – Drugs Interdiction – USCG seize 79kg of cocaine off the USVI.
- 31-MAR-22 – Drugs Interdiction – USCG offload $223m worth of illegal drugs after operations in the Pacific.
- 31-MAR-22 – Drugs Interdiction – 400kg of cocaine seized in Adelaide, Australia.
- 31-MAR-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Large amount of drugs seized at Belfast Harbour, Northern Ireland.
- 01-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 74 migrants rescued in the Mediterranean.
- 02-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 25 migrants die attempting to reach the Canary Islands.
- 02-APR-22 – Robbery – Anchored vehicle carrier robbed off Batangas, Philippines.
- 02-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Libyan Coastguard rescue 316 migrants.
- 03-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – More than 90 people drown off Libya attempting crossing to Europe.
- 03-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Police intercept 133 migrants in Morocco.
- 03-APR-22 – Boarding – Vessel boarded in the Gulf of Guinea.
- 03-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – USCG suspend search for missing migrants in the Florida Keys.
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|