The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded nine maritime-related incidents during the reporting period of 4 – 10 January 2021.
- 04-JAN-21 – General Security Warning – Reporting indicates that the South Korean flagged Chemical Tanker HANKUK CHEMI (IMO9232369) has been detained by Iranian forces
- 04-JAN-21 – Robbery – The container ship NILEDUTCH BREDA was robbed in Pointe Noire, North Anchorage. The intruders made good their escape with two mooring lines
- 04-JAN-21 – Robbery – The bulk carrier SAGITTARIUS was robbed in Port Au Prince anchorage. The robbers threatened the Chief Engineer and stole ship’s properties
- 05-JAN-21 – Robbery – An anchored catamaran was boarded while the crew slept on board in Marigot Bay, Saint Martin. The thief took various personal items including personal electronics
- 05-JAN-21 – General Security Warning – MSCI Alert 2021-001A released relating to – Persian Gulf – Threats to commercial vessels
- 07-JAN-21 – General Security Warning – It was reported that naval units will carry out depth charge LIVE FIRING PRACTICE, further details – Link
- 09-JAN-21 – General Security Warning – MSCI Advisory 2021-002 released relating to the Gulf of Guinea – Piracy/Armed Robbery/Kidnapping for Ransom
- 09 and 10-JAN-21 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Over 120 migrants have crossed the English Channel into UK waters
- 10-JAN-21 – General Security Warning – S. MARAD – MSCI Advisory 2021-001 released relating to the Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, Gulf of Oman, Arabian Sea, Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, and the Indian Ocean -Threats to Commercial Vessels by Iran and its proxies
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non-commercial vessel such as a warship.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.