The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 9 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 5 – 11 April 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 05-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Turkish Coastguard intercept 168 migrants in the Aegean.
- 05-APR-22 – General Security Warning – Increased threat of pirate activity in the Gulf of Guinea.
- 06-APR-22 – Robbery – Dinghy and outboard engine stolen in Tyrrel Bay, Grenada.
- 06-APR-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO issue NOTICE 001/APR/2022.
- 07-APR-22 – Maritime Information Advisory – UKMTO issue NOTICE 002/APR/2022.
- 08-APR-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Large amount of drugs seized at the port of Misrata, Libya.
- 08-APR-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Large seizure of drugs in Mumbai.
- 09-APR-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Migrants die off the coast of Tunisia.
- 09-APR-22 – Robbery – Anchored bulk carrier robbed in Chittagong, Bangladesh.
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Maritime Information Advisory: Notable maritime updates e.g., Military exercises, Curfews and Advisories.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.