The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 10 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 5 – 11 July 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 05-JUL-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Nearly two tonnes of cocaine seized in Peru.
- 05-JUL-22 – Boarding – Yacht boarded in Rio Dulce, Guatemala.
- 06-JUL-22 – Robbery – Dinghy stolen in Rio Dulce, Guatemala.
- 07-JUL-22 – Robbery – Gas bottle stolen from yacht in Panama.
- 07-JUL-22 – General Security Warning – Increased threat of piracy in the Gulf of Guinea.
- 08-JUL-22 – Boarding – Underway tanker boarded in Singapore Straits.
- 08-JUL-22 – Robbery – Armed robbery of catamaran in St Lucia.
- 08-JUL-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 20 migrants intercepted in the English Channel.
- 10-JUL-22 – Robbery – Unlocked dinghy stolen in Red Frog Bay, Panama.
- 11-JUL-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 100 migrants arrive in Dover, UK.
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|