The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 10 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 6 – 12 September 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 06-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 111 migrants rescued off Libya.
- 06-SEP-22 – Robbery – Dinghy and outboard motor stolen in Tyrrell Bay, Grenada.
- 07-SEP-22 – Boarding – Attempted boarding of anchored container ship in Suez Canal, Egypt.
- 07-SEP-22 – Robbery – Underway tug and barge robbed in the Singapore Strait.
- 08-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Several migrants confirmed dead off Tunisia after sinking.
- 08-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 61 migrants reach Crete after being stranded at sea.
- 09-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Ten illegal migrant crossings foiled and 105 arrested in Monastir, Tunisia.
- 10-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Nearly 1,000 migrants cross the English Channel.
- 10-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Irregular migration attempts thwarted by the Turkish National Guard.
- 11-SEP-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 238 migrants arrive in Lampedusa, Italy.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|