The Securewest International Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded 11 maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 8 – 14 November 2022.
The following incidents were recorded:
- 09-NOV-22 – Drugs Interdiction – Sri Lankan Coast Guard seized 458 kg of cannabis.
- 09-NOV-22 – Robbery – Underway barge boarded in the Singapore Strait.
- 09-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 200 migrants rescued by Spanish rescue charity vessel.
- 09-NOV-22 – Robbery – Outboard engine cover stolen in United States Virgin Islands.
- 09-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 72 migrants arrive in Spanish Balearic Islands.
- 09-NOV-22 – General Security Warning – Explosions reported at the port of Qena, Yemen.
- 10-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 405 migrants rescued by Tunisian authorities in Mediterranean Sea.
- 11-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 700 migrants land on the Italian island of Lampedusa.
- 11-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – U.S. Coast Guard rescues 82 Cuban Migrants.
- 13-NOV-22 – Robbery – Dinghy and outboard motor stolen in Grenada.
- 13-NOV-22 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – 17 Cuban migrants rescued by container ship.
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large number of drugs are seized.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|General Security Warning: Warnings/Incidents which do not fit in the other categories but enhance the situational awareness.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.